Question
Posted by: sum days | 2004/10/11

strange

Is it strange or is it normal to have weird days,,somedays i feel so ugly,fat and i see so many faults in myself,,like pimples,,and my teeth seems skew,,and i feel too short.and my hair seems so unhealthy......and dont feel happy with myself,,,this usually happens after i go to a social spot,,wen i see so many people better then me,,,then sumdays i feel pretty,and happy and jolly with the world,,,,am i abnormal,,,and wen i have down days,,,what is the best to make me love myself,,, any suggestions...

We all have weird days when our mood is own, and we tend to find fault with ourselves. And we have good days at other times. Counselling can help incease your ability to appreciate yourself, and to enjoy your unique characteristics, without always making negative comparisons between yourself and others.

4
Posted by: sd | 2004/10/11

ok,,,sugary tell us where u hang out,,sure we'd feel better hanging out with u.

Reply to sd
Posted by: Sugary | 2004/10/11

Hang out with ugly people..should make you feel better about yourself!

Reply to Sugary
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/11

Hi SD,

I think it's normal to feel that way. We each have our on & off days & there's nothing wrong with that.
One thing you must remember is that to you, there's nobody better than you.
Looking in the mirror & telling yourself positive things is one quite good way of being positive.
I personally don't think its a good thing when we compare ourselves to others coz then we find ourselves lacking, At the same time it is ok to have people that you would look up to, or aspire to be like.
Maybe another thing you might be able to do is when getting ready to go out, take special care of yourself that makes you exude an air of confidence. If you feel confident when you dress up at home, it'll show when you are out...

Regards,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun
Posted by: Tori | 2004/10/11

I don't think you have to worry about that....i get exactly the same feeling...It happens about twice in one month.
I think it is normal for one to feel this way.

You are beautiful no matter what they say.
When i feel like this....i just don't look in the mirror. Stupid suggestion but it works...

Reply to Tori