Posted by: Anne | 2012/05/04

Stranfe rash

Hi there, on 12 March12 I discovered a strange textured raised "  rash"  around my right nipple, not ichy not scaly, no discharge, not sore, I sent my gynae a picture he said it looks like excema, about a week later I decided to see my Gp he also said it looks like excema and prescribed a strong cortizone cream, I waited awhile to make sure that I wasn''''t pregnant, not trying to be, i''''m 40 now, and then used it now and again, but no change, the last week I have been using it every night but no change, any other rash type where I have used a cream it clears up in a few days, I have a mammogram and gynae check scheduled fo rthe 5 June 12, do you think Ineed to try and see him sooner and get the rash tested, or do u think i should just wait?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I suggest that you consult a dermatologist for an examination, as there are a multitude of possibilities for the rash. A dermatologist will be the best person to consult.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.