Question
Posted by: NN | 2007/02/26

strained relationships

Hello

I'm really not good at relationships with people. People tend to distant themselves from me despite all the efforts I make. My own mother seems to have alienated herself from me. What's wrong with me. I crave to have a good relationship esp. with my mother.

At this distance, I can't guess usefully what exactly has been going awry. But do see a good local counsellor to work through this and change it --- what you seek should be fairly easily achievable with the right sort of expert help

2
Posted by: Britty | 2007/02/26

I agree with RMC about trying too hard - a friend recently asked me what was wrong with her as someone she has tried to befriend doesn't like her. I told her there was nothing wrong with her and that some people will like you in this life and some won't (applies to family as well!!) and you live with it. Be yourself, you sound like a caring and loving person and it will work out. Good luck.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: RMC | 2007/02/26

Perhaps you are trying too hard and unwittingly scaring people away?

Reply to RMC