Question
Posted by: Interested | 2007/03/01

Stopping period while on Copper T

I would like to know, i had the Copper T inserted in January this year and i am getting married at the end of April. I would be going on honeymoon the next day.

My period has been irregular coz i had a cyst, so im not sure when i would get it again.

I just wanted to know, if i have my periods, is it safe to take something to stop it for the time that i am on honeymoon? also if it is what can i take to stop it?

If you have any other suggestions or advice, i would be very greatful.

thanks

You can use Provera , starting 10 days before your expected period, but you will need a prescription for this. Side effects are nausea and sore breasts.

2
Posted by: Lea | 2007/03/02

Hi Interested, I have had the Meriva loop inserted (similar to Copper T) and my periods have gone away completely. I used to have very heavy flow and this has taken it away completely. Maybe speak to your gynae about this, but I also used to when on the pill, change the week I should have had a period to another week if going on holiday, and my doc said it would not be harmful.

Hope this helps.

Reply to Lea
Posted by: Interested | 2007/03/01

Me again, one more question?

What would the side effects be should i be able to take something to stop my period?

Reply to Interested