Question
Posted by: wondering | 2004/03/01

stopping menstrual cycle temporary - getting married

I would like to know if it is possible to stop my menstrual cycle just temp (move it on a few days/ weeks) because my cycle has changed and I will have my period just two days after getting married - a friend told me her doctor prescribed duphaston - what is it and will it help if my doctor prescribes it? I've read on the internet a number of different things. Please advise!

Yes you can use progesterone tablets, either Duphaston or Provera, starting a week to ten days before your period and carrying on until you wish to have a period. If you are using the Pill, you could just skip the placebos.

1
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/03/02

Are you on the pil? If so, you can skip your period by not taking the pills you would normally take when your period begins, I know wiht triphasil it is the red ones.
My doc once said I can keep on skipping my periods via this method and only let it go every 3 months - therefore I only had a period every 3rd month, and was still protected.

Reply to Kippie