Posted by: wondering | 2004/03/01

stopping menstrual cycle temporary - getting married

I would like to know if it is possible to stop my menstrual cycle just temp (move it on a few days/ weeks) because my cycle has changed and I will have my period just two days after getting married - a friend told me her doctor prescribed duphaston - what is it and will it help if my doctor prescribes it? I've read on the internet a number of different things. Please advise!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Yes you can use progesterone tablets, either Duphaston or Provera, starting a week to ten days before your period and carrying on until you wish to have a period. If you are using the Pill, you could just skip the placebos.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/03/02

Are you on the pil? If so, you can skip your period by not taking the pills you would normally take when your period begins, I know wiht triphasil it is the red ones.
My doc once said I can keep on skipping my periods via this method and only let it go every 3 months - therefore I only had a period every 3rd month, and was still protected.

Reply to Kippie

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.