Question
Posted by: Zig zag | 2005/01/06

stopped the pill

I stopped taking the pill end of october, i was using ovral for about 5 years i still get my period the normal time i just want to know how long will it take for the pill to work out of my system completely, cause me and my husband want to try for another baby.

Most women do not fall pregnant in the first 3 months after stopping the Pill (though some do). Even without contraception, it can take up to a year to fall pregnant though.

3
Posted by: twink | 2005/01/06

Hi - I fell pregnant about a month after I stopped the pill. Maybe gynae doc can confirm - but my gynae told me that the pill makes you fertile. Try and establish when you ovulate - even get one of those little prediction kits - and have intercourse then - it's all about timing -

Good luck to you -

Reply to twink
Posted by: Norma | 2005/01/06

It could take a healthy couple up to a year to fall pregnant, but it could be sooner. It took me about 4months, but there are other ladies that have been trying for 2years....
I really hope it will happen soon, start taking folic accid and make sure to eat healthy, don't stress and don't just make love to have a baby......

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Lovey | 2005/01/06

They say it may even take a year, hang in there.

Reply to Lovey