Question
Posted by: Tash | 2006/07/17

Stopped EVRA - now lactating???

I just recently stopped using the EVRA patch (does anybody else use it???) It was great for 8 months, no side effects. Then the headaches, itching etc set in. One month during my period I was even lactating - or leaking something that looked just like colostrum. I decided to stop the patch and not use contraception at all for a little while just to let my body settle. Now I'm leaking colostrum AGAIN!!! My pharmacist says my hormones are completely messed and I must go for full spectrum blood tests. Is this necessary or should I leave it for a while???

I agree with your pharmacist. In particular, you should have your prolactin levels checked.