Question
Posted by: Micheal | 2007/03/19

Stop smoking

Hi CD

I desperatley want to stop smoking. What can I take? At night before i fall asleep i get a feeling of suffocation and battle to breath for a couple of seconds then it goes away. I have also been under a LOT of stress, could it be anxiety as well as the smoking?

Micheal

Dear Micheal
I think it is anxiety too probably. Best will be to follow a stop smoking programme that will give you some psycological support too. If you are under a lot of stress this will be difficult for you. Ask your GP to test your lungfunction and maybe start with treating the anxiety and try just cutting down on the number of sigarettes you smoke for the time being.