Question
Posted by: anon | 2004/10/09

stop pill- no period

Hi, i was on mercilon pill for about 5 months, then decided to stop. I stopped in the middle of the active pills, didn't wait for the inactive pills or anything. Shortly after i stopped, i got my period which ended on the 3rd sept. I had sex on the 4th, and the 25th and the 30th. Each time we used condoms. On the 30th we thought that there might have been a tiny whole near the opening of the condom... not near the tip or anything, and i dont think it happened during intercourse, and by that time i was already late with my period. but i thought that i would get the morning after pill, just in case. I haven't had my period again, but i dont know if i am ovulating, because i was already late by that time. i was expecting to get my period on about the 25th. Last time i went off the pill, i didn't get my period for 3 months until my gynae gave me provera, and said i should go back on the pill. Any suggestions??
any possibilty of pregnancy?
thanks a ton

There is always a possibilty of a pregnancy even when periods are irregular. You have to go see your gynae and enquire why your periods are irregular. He needs to give you a diagnosis.