Question
Posted by: Ally | 2007/06/14

Stop period

Im 16 and I hate getting my period. Is there a permanent way I can stop it ? Cause the only one i know of is to stop eating permanently. Ive heard that if you get some sort of injection that may also stop it but I don't know anything about this injection. It's a real problem for me, I can't function when I have my period and I stay in bed for the full 7 days. Reading, watching TV ect. i refuse to go to school then cause I can't walk with a pad in and I don't want to use tampons.

There is the injectable contraceptive or the Mirena which your gyn can insert that works very well to stop the period. At your age I DO NOT suggest the injectable but I would rather have you speak to your mom or GP or gyn about the fact you are concerned about having a period.
A period IS NORMAL part of being a lady and is NOT 'dirty' like some people think. One can always smell the blood when in fact NO ONE else can.