Question
Posted by: Smarties | 2007/06/26

Stop of Heartbeat

If the mother is healthy and looking after herself,what causes a baby's heartbeat to stop at maybe seven months, even if that baby was pefertly fine and had a strong heartbeat?

There are many possible causes - infections, problems with the placenta, abnormalities of the fetus, abruptio,. knots in the cord. A postmortem might help tell what the cause is.

4
Posted by: LOLO | 2007/06/27

It happened to me twice and that was 10yrs ago.1st time it was astill birth and then second time at 5 months babys heart stopped beating.even today I have no idea what happen.Since then I have been ttcing but no luck.I keep on praying that it doesnt happen again whe I fell pregnant.

second time the doctor told me that it might happen that there was no water in the womb.

Reply to LOLO
Posted by: Pip | 2007/06/26

I think it could be either - the placenta may not function and therefore not provide oxygen to baby, the cord could have knots, or the baby could have a problem... Sorry I can't really provide you with much information here.

Reply to Pip
Posted by: Smarties | 2007/06/26

Thanx Pip

The baby is still in the womb,but what causes the heartbeat to stop.Is it something that the mother does wrong or is it in the fetus itself?

Reply to Smarties
Posted by: Pip | 2007/06/26

Smarties, are referring to a baby still in the womb... Has this happened to you? I think that there are a number of reasons but tests would have to be performed on the baby and, if possible, a post mortem. I gave birth to a stillborn baby last year at 35 weeks - they never performed a post mortem but did perform chromosone testing - but everything came back normal - so we never did find out why our baby died.

Reply to Pip