Question
Posted by: Mr | 2004/10/07

stop eating

I do train alot and as you recommend 30-45 min aweek, i just cant stop eating, every time i sit down for a meal i hav to eat until i am soo full, feel bloated and stomach pops out, could you please advice me on why i hav to eat like this, and why cant i just eat a little, i do try to eat healthy..please

Hi Mr

It's important to know what your body weight is - if you are overweight, then it's certainly a good idea to somehow combat this desire or appetite. HOwever, if you are at a normal body weight, then I would not worry too much. Some people can just eat more - call it a rapid metabolism, but some people eat huge amounts without gaining.

Now, controlling your appetite might be done using simple practical things, like eating proteins and fatty foods more, which are very filling (the problem is obviously eating fatty foods might not be too clever), but proteins are a good bet to fill you up. The other thing to be aware of is that you must eat small meals regularly. It sounds that you are eating some big meals, perhaps after long periods of not eating and you would benefit from eating smaller meals more often.

These are some practical things, but in the end it also comes down to super discipline and just forcing yourself to limit your food intake.

1
Posted by: brozz | 2004/10/08

hi
how many meals do you eat a day.
When having a meal try to eat a bit slower so that your brain thinks that you are eating a lot more than you realy are.

Reply to brozz