Question
Posted by: punkee | 2010/06/08

stool

hi doc,

i''ve had a runny stomach since sunday. i dont have any pains, just uncomfortable just before i need to go to the loo. last night there was blood in my stool - is this a symptom of someting, but no blood this morning.

I still have to run to the ladies every hour or so, what could the problem be. i have not taken anything to stop it, i''ve just been drinking a lot of water because im feeling weak, i think because of dehydration

Hallo Punkee
If the blood is there only when you wipe it may be a hemorroid. Blood mixed with stool may be more serious and may require antibiotics. Try taking probiotics 1 three times a day, Immodium 1 every 4-6 hours until the diarrhoea stops. If this doesn't help, or the symptoms worsen, rather see your doctor.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/08

Hallo Punkee