Question
Posted by: mother | 2003/03/19

stomache pain

My daughter is complaining about stomach pain and has had nose bleeds since she was 3 years old. She is 10 now and I had her checked by so many different doctors and no one sees a problem. One doctor did said she has allergies. Another doctor said I must get her to eat a lot of veg which she does. Please help.

Mother, I can’t say if there is a connection between the nosebleeds and the stomach pains. The stomach pain might be recurrent abdominal pain (RAP) especially since nobody is able to find a cause. You can mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll send you more info on RAP.
I will have to examine her before I can even start guessing about the cause of the nosebleeds, but allergies and trauma (nose picking) are the most common causes. Good luck.