Question
Posted by: sue | 2002/12/04

stomache clips

I am 40yrs old and 1.62cm 13yrs ago I used to weight 94kg went for operation to make stomache smaller, they put clips in stomache,lost 36kg was very succsesfull, for almost 12 & half years, I use to eat very small meals, now I could almost eat a normal plate off food, and now I am starting to gain weight very fast again, standing on 74kg even if I AM ONLY EATING NOW LIKE A NORMAL PERSON, NOT EXSESIVE and still surely the weight is coming back, and I am getting very nervous of getting back being so much overweight, can I go back to fasten the clips again,
your advise would be mostly appreciated thanks

Dear Sue
The first thing you need to do is to consult the doctor who did this op for you to find out if the clips have got loose or what is going on. I am sure that the op can be repeated seeing that nowadays it is possible to reverse the op at the patient's request. If you can't face another op then do think of using a low-fat, high-fibre diet and exercise instead, but first get that medical opinion.
Holding thumbs for you