Question
Posted by: Sajeewa | 2005/12/12

Stomache

I have a n ache in my stoamch for last 10 - 15 years which is not yet found with a definite medicine. Sure it is kind of gastrointestinal problem. I tried with a endroscopy some times back & it proved to be negative. But still, if I missed one meal then there comes the pains even I take Cimetidine or Diegine.
Can you please give a better advice on this.

Dear Sajeewa,
Stomach ache associated with meals usually is because of gastritis, or deodenitis which is inflammation of the stomach or first part of the intestines. These pains are usually burning, can spread to your back and gets better with eating. Cramplike pains can be because of spasm in the bowels and something like Buscopan or Scopex would work better for it. Migraine can also cause stomach pain, as well as a host of other organ diseases like pancreatitis, liverdisease and even irritable bowel syndrome etc. A Gastro enterologist will be able to help you find the problem. Look at easyinfo.co.za under medical for one near you.