Question
Posted by: katya | 2007/06/19

stomach vacuum (frank zane)

is there any evidence performing the stomach vacuum makes the waist smaller?

HI Katya

I hadn't heard of it referred to as the stomach vacuum before your question, so I looked it up and I am pretty sceptical. In fact, that is an understatment, because the truth is that doing this is not going to make the waist smaller. What it does do is strengthen the muscles of the abs and that can lead to better tone, but to make the waist smaller, you need to do cardio training as well, because that's what burns the fat and is needed to reduce size. So the stomach vacuum, or activation of TA, is still a good thing, but it's important to combine it with cardio training, otherwise you just get really strong, but not even slightly toned.