Question
Posted by: Shan | 2004/10/12

Stomach Problems

In the month of June I went to my GP because I had pains on my lower right side (by the hip bone), I had a hard tubular "something" on my left side which I was rather concerned about. And I had a problem with constipation, bloated and horrible cramps in my stomach. He took x-rays and felt the "something" I was concerned about and said that it looked like I have a blockage in my colon, the "something" hard that I could feel was that and I was full of gas. He gave me
a liquid laxitive to drink 3 times a day. I went back 3 weeks later because it wasn't any better he gave me sepositories and that also didn't work. My aunt suggested I go to a homeopath because I'm always tired, I battle to get out of bed in the morning, I get these weird floaty feelings during the day, and then 3 months down the line my stomach situation has not changed. The homeopath says I have a Yeast Infection in my colon. (Candida) Look I haven't been very strick with the diet she has given me, I have laid off the yeast products and I don't have the bloating anymore. But I do still get these pains on the right side and my stomach and my lower part of my stomach swells, and that hard "something" is still there. I have started drinking this horrible fibre stuff to get my stomach to work it seems to help but when I go it feels as if I need to do more but it won't and its sore. Please can you help me?

Shan, it is difficult to say what the problem is without examining you first, but having an x-ray taken and an ultrasound scan done would be the next step. Blood tests for thyroid function and sugar are also not a bad idea. If the above are all normal the best would be to see a specialist physician. Good luck.