Question
Posted by: Gillian | 2003/01/29

Stomach problems

Dear Cyberdoc

Something really alarming happened to me today. I experienced a very slight but uncontrollable runny tummy whilst out shopping. I have also noticed over the last couple of weeks that I experience slight stomach pains, as if I am about to have a runny tummy, but then nothing happens. The pain is usually taken care of by a simple Panado pill. I have also noticed that sometimes when I eat my stomach makes unusual digestion noises. Please tell me that this is not serious!! Coincidentally I have had probably the most stressful year of my life, bought a house for the first time, in much need of renovation, my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer, I started a new job only to resign 3 months later because I felt totally out of my depth and am in the process of turning down a considerable university scholarship because I would rather find work, which is proving really difficult. So please let this problem just be stress!

Gillian, I have to agree with you that it can all be due to stress, but I can’t say for sure without at least being able to examine you. The best would be to see your doctor and be sure. Good luck and I hope that you can somehow make the university thing work.