Question
Posted by: M.E | 2007/04/11

Stomach problem

I got a cronic stomach problem.My stomach becomes big like someone who's pregnant and it does'nt feel well.The time when my stomach feels like that I also have bladder infection.My bladder feel it want to burst but when I went to the toilet no or very little urine comes out.It is vey uncomfortable feeling.I went to several doctor's for second opinions and almost lost faith in them.I was in hospital for a few day's because my stomach was upset I could not urinate or past stools for a few day's and felt so bad I almost decided to jump from the hospital bed because I could not stand that feeling.It felt like I'm going in labour .If it was pain I could handle it but it was a pressing feeling like the urine and the feases was about to come out.I had a barium meal and a gastroscopy,but the specialist can't find anything wrong.He told me I don't have cancer.He told me what I do'nt have and said I have inflamation of the stomact and gave me some tablets that was more than 3 years ago but I slill have that problem.I also get this kidney pain.The docter did the dipsticks test and can,t find something wrong

I am a forty year old woman with hypertention.I am on medication.My mother died a few years ago of a stomach condition.THe arteries in her stomach harden.She went to diferrent specialist but always say nothing was wrong.They did a lot of tests.While she was dying they openup her stomach and discovered for the first time the arteries in her stomach had harden.They close her stomach and say there is nothing they can do it is a rare desease.She died minutes later.I am not afraid that I have the same problem I just want to feel better.I can't sleep properly at night because I must go to the toilet to urinate.Is there maybe a connection between my bladder infection and my upset stomach.When my stomach is big I have dificculty urinating and vice versa.Is it maybe something with my kidneys and can it be see in a simple urine test done in the d'r surgery.I use to gym but I ca't go anymore.I also got chronic heartburn.I'm using citrosoda for bladder infection.

Dear ME
A few other things one has to consider is ovarian tumour, spastic bladder or irritable bowel syndrome. Have you been for a gyne check up lately? Sometimes one has to start at a point and just painstakingly go through all the possibilities - it can't be NOTHING causing this??
Sometimes it is better to go to a GP that can refer you to the specialists and then build the whole picture from that - the specialists somtimes tend to just concentrate on their own little area of expertise.

(Your mom may have had infarction (a stroke) of the bowel - the blood supply cuts off due to cholesterol in the arteries and the bowel gets gangrene. The symptoms usually start with stomach ache after every meal but on examination the stomach looks normal.)