Question
Posted by: Emkay | 2005/07/04

Stomach pains in first trimester

I am currently 7 weeks pregnant and suffering from stomach pains. I had my first scan last week and everything seemed fine then. I suffered from these pains over the weekend and couldn't sleep at night. Should I be worried or is this common in the first trimester? Also is there anything I can take for constipation?

Any comments and feedback are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Stretching of the ligamenst are quiote common in pregnancy and can cause pain.
Try bran and prunes for constipation. If this fails, you can use Senokot.

2
Posted by: Nix | 2005/07/04

I had period type pains for weeks (until about 15 weeks). If they are severe or dont ease up when you lie down, chat to your gynae.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Des | 2005/07/04

Hi Emkay

I am currently 11 and a half weeks preggies at the moment. I also started getting stomach pains around 8 weeks. It was a pain next to my naval. If this is what you are experiencing - it is just your muscles streching from your growing baby - nothing to worry about. But maybe you should phone your gynea just to make sure. I haven't needed to take any medication for constipation, just keep yourself regular with fruit, dried fruit and fibre. I am not a expert - just is my first pregnancy too....and I am learning along the way. But the other ladies should also ba able to you you advice. Hope this helps!!!

Reply to Des