Question
Posted by: gina | 2007/05/14

Stomach pains

Hi i would appreciate a reply from anyone :)

The last couple of days I have had vague stomach pains, and I have to go to the toilet very often. It's not like diarrhoea though.

My feaces also has traces of blood in it - and now I am experiencing stronger stomach pains, but i don't know if it's related?
Can anyone please tell me what it possibly can be?
I can't really afford a doctor - i am a student, and don't get any support finacially from my parents. So I'm hoping that this would pass - and that it's not a big thing.

Hi Gina
Any blood in stool is not normal, red blood usually is caused by a tear or hemorroids but you may have an infection or a bleeding polyp in the bowel, You can see a GP or go to your local General outpatient department at a provincial hospital