Question
Posted by: Angel | 2005/06/30

Stomach pain after running

Could you help? I am a runner, I don’t run much long distances and my training runs are not always long varies from 6km to 23km. What I want to know is when I do a race any distance from 10km to 42km my stomach starts paining like when you run and get a stitch but only about 3 hours after the race and my stomach will bleed it will stay sore for about two to three days. But when I do my training runs I never have this problem. I do suffer from IBS and Spastic Colon but have it checked out every two years and just had it done in Jan this year with the normal results like hernias and so on. I eat healthy drink lots of water don’t smoke or drink I am not overweight and are generally fit. Do you have any advice?

Angel, do you bleed bright red blood or dark blood (I assume it comes out the bottom). Where exactly is the pain (over your stomach, lower abdomen, sides, etc.)? Which tests did you have – gastroscopy, colonoscopy, ultrasound? Let me know a new question and we’ll take it from there (I’ll do my best to answer faster). Good luck.

1
Posted by: Angel | 2005/07/06

Thanks, Yes it is dark blood and the pain is on the right side, in the same position when you get a stich when unfit. I always go for gastroscopy& colonoscopy (top and bottom camera's)
Right now the pain is gone again.

Reply to Angel