Posted by: DD | 2008/10/08

Stomach pain

Hi, I' ve been ill for weeks, first flu which was diagnosed as bad bronchitis. I am on a broad spectrum anti-biotic but for the last week or so I have had stomach cramps, bloatedness, tender and swollen. Pain mostly high up on my abdomen. Milk seems to help sometimes. Feel feverish and miserable. I went back to my GP on Monday and was told no serious and given anti-spasmodics &  Gaviscon which haven' t helped.
I should be fit for work tomorrow but not ready. I have another appointment tomorrow but want to get another opinion of what else it could be and if I should be so worried?

Dear DD
You may have gastritis ( irritation of the gastric lining due to medication or due to post nasal drip or swallowing of phlegm) Try Mucaine for the stomach pain but ask your doctor to re-evaluate, you may need a course of anti-acid medication like Nexiam