Question
Posted by: david | 2004/03/08

stomach pain

I'm getting this slight pain in my stomach which is very irritating. I'm currently taking creatine. And just out of info the day before this began I did a really hectic ab workout.
Please help.

Hi David

The pain might be related to the use of creatine of course, but I really think that it's probably something related to the really tough workout the day before - I would guess (and that's all I can do) that you have strained a muscle doing this really hard session, and now the slight strain/muscle pull is bothering you. If it is a slight strain, then it's a matter of just backing off the training load and volume for a little while and giving the body a chance to recover. Rest is really the best thing for a muscle strain, and depending on how severe the strain is, will take between a week and three weeks to heal fully. I think that you should just be patient and back off the ab sessions for a little while.