Question
Posted by: Fart machine | 2003/01/11

stomach gas

Dear cyber doc, I am a 31 year old woman who gave birth 5 years ago. for well over a year now i have been having problems with stomach cramps which are only relieved when I pass wind. It has become really bad recently because I experience enourmous build up of this gas the minute food hits my stomach. I have to keep passing wing inorder to relieve the discomfort. Often my stomach bloats up if I try and hold it and if i hold it long enough to go to the toilet it comes out almost like an explosion. U can imagine the embarrassment and the discomfort I do'nt know what to do. Please help its making meal times a nightmare and my life a real misery.

FM, the best would be to see a gastro-enterologist and have it sorted out. I wrote an article on flatulence a while ago and if you’re interested in a copy, you can mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.