Posted by: Jane | 2008/10/02

Stomach cramps/wind/colic for 6wk old

Dear Doc, my son is 6 wks and struggling with stomach cramps. He eats well and growing nicely but its heartbreaking when he gets those cramps. Im currently using Bennets colic mixture which is not working(i have tried Telement drops before Bennets). I have taken him to the doc for this and was told to wind him properly but still no change. Please advise, thank you kindly

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Jane,
It is very difficult for a 6 week old to express themselves. They are usually labelled with colic but it could be any number of things.
The only thing I would recommend is that you consult a paediatric osteopath or cranial osteopath. This type of evaluation of should determine the cause of your sons discomfort. For more information on osteopathy visit

Dr. Guy Ashburner Paediatric Osteopath