Question
Posted by: Katryn | 2007/07/09

Stomach cramps

I have a very stresfull environment and are concerned that this may be the cause of my problem. A month and a half ago I had gastro very bad I was on drips and didn't eat for 3 days from there I have been struggling with stomach cramps, abdominal pains and nausseau. I wake up at night being nausseaus but I dont throw up. The one day my stomach will be running the next day constipated, always assosiated with cramps. I have been on antibiotics and are currently using probiflora. It doesn't seem to help that much. This problem seem to have also caused me to have piles as I am constipated the one day and going 4 times to the toilet the next day. Do you have any advise for me? Kind Regards

Dear Katryn
You may have an irritable bowel triggered by the gastro infection - ask your doctor to prescribe some colofac, continue with the probiotics and if this does not help, ask him to refer you to a gastro enterologist for evaluation and possible Zelnorm medication.