Question
Posted by: Ouch | 2004/02/20

Stomach cramps !

Dear Doc,
I've been getting severe stomach cramps lately.
it started 2 days ago, when I woke up the morning, I got severe cramps, which seemed like heavy hunger pains.
I ate something, but the cramps continued.
During the first day, it came and went (let's say it happened about 3 times during the morning, but inbetween the cramps I'm okay.)

the second day, it woke me up the morning.
and my "spit gland" produced a lot of water!
almost like when you're nautious, but only your not, but you do feel illish)
again, the cramps came and went for about an hour.
and only once in the afternoon, but not so bad.
then the eveninig, before supper, it was heavy again, I almost vomited, because my spit gland produced water again (this only happend this morning and at this point -not with the other "attacks")

It's almost asif I can feel my stomach acids eating away at my stomach lining.
asif it's producing too much acid.

today, day 3, I left a biscut next to my bed just to fill my tummy, in case it wakes me up again, but thank goodness it didn't.
I ate the biscut anyways, afraid that it might happen again.
and it did a little while later, but much milder.

please note that I eat (quite a lot for my size) museli in the morning, biscuts tea time, a huge lunch(usually junk food), and snack during the afternoon (sometimes some sweets), and a good supper(more healthy food).
I'm not skinny, I weigh about 63 kg, and is 1.57m tall.

I'm going to try to cut down on the coffee at work. (we get 3 cups a day, but it's strong! coffee.)

could you maybe give me some insight as to what and why this might be.
is it an ulcer ?
the pain is about just below my ribcage area in the middle.
I hope this is enough info.

thank you for you good work, and insight.
keep it up.
have a nice day.

Ouch, it sounds like it might be due to a stomach ulcer, gastro-oesophageal reflux or even a gallbladder problem. The best would be to see your doctor if it hasn’t cleared up by the time you receive this.