Question
Posted by: Jasmine | 2007/03/06

Stomach

Am writing regarding my stomach. I'v got a spatic colon which the dr recently gave me medication for.
am trying to eat 6 smalls meals a day protein and Carb's but it makes my tummy bloat and am uncomfortable all the time.
I battle to go to the loo. And this is now really getting out of hand it can stay sore and bloated for 2weeks.
the pain i get is mostly on the right handside and between my chest where it becomes very sensetive.
What can i do? Is it a Spastic colon? could it not maybe something else.

When iam not bloated my tummy feels swollen but it's from the top not just at the bottom.

please help

thanx
jarniene
0845563648

Dear Jasmine
I think you should see a gastro-enterologist - they probably need to do an examination under anaesthetic to have a proper look at the colon to see if you have a spastic or inflammatory problem in the colon. Try and eat or take in more soluble fibre like Fybogel orange and avoid very coarse fibre like high bulk bran etc. Try Duphalac to make our tummy work more regularly