Question
Posted by: anxious | 2007/05/04

STOCKING

CD

So I now have my "wonderful" stocking! At the moment (I reserve the right to change this!) it doesn't seem as uncomfortable as I expected it to be, BUT it is at the moment (I find anyway) quite difficult to put on (more so than to take off!) It goes right up to just about my waist! Far longer than I was expecting. I got it from Orthocast in Sunninghill hospital and when I went there today (they're on the 3rd floor) the lift wasnt working! Yipee doo!

There is a slip with it to put it on and it says in the booklet that you should use gloves to avoid damaging the stocking.

I have to let them know sometime next week how it feels and they will then only order my 2nd one (my surgeon said I should have 2 to alternate them) if its ok. I guess it will take a bit of getting used to (wearing, putting on, taking off etc). I got into a big state when I got home, because I went to the loo and couldn't work out how the velcro belt went back on (it came unstuck), but I resolved the drama eventually!

Have a good weekend.

Dear Anxious
Let me know if it helps you - what did you pay for one?