Question
Posted by: Madie | 2005/06/03

Stitches after c/s never dissolved

Please give me some advise. I had caesarian sections with both my kids, and all went well. My problem now is that I have stitches inside of me, that obviously never dissolved. Every now and then, I can feel these stitches and it feels like a prick of a needle (in my private parts) and also when my husband and I are intimate, he can feel them. I never felt this before, it is only now the last month or two that my husband can feel it and that it bothers me. Is this a major problem ? Can this cause that I maybe tear from the inside ? Do I need to see a gynea about this ?

Firstly, the stitches from a caesarean are in the uterus and not near the vagina, so you or your husband would not feel them in this area. If you are having pain with intercourse, you should see your gynaecologist to see if you perhaps have an infection or other problem in the area.

1
Posted by: Madie | 2005/06/06

I have no pain when we have intercourse, so I doubt it if I have an infection. Could these stitches maybe then be from my loop ? Because we can feel them, does this mean that my loop has moved or turned or is perharps busy coming out ?

Reply to Madie