Question
Posted by: muffin | 2007/12/18

stitches

my 21 month son has 2 stitches on his head due to a fall. My husband was at hospital with him, and can't remember much. When do these stitches have to come out? They were put in on 9 December. The dr gave my husband a little "blade" thing to remove them, is it okay to do it ourselves or is it better to take him to a clinic? thanks

Hallo Muffin
Stiches usually need to stay in for about a week to 10 days. It probably can come out now. Best would be to take him to a pharmacy that has a sister or to a clinic to take them out for you.