Question
Posted by: Curious | 2004/01/29

Stitch in Cervix

How does one know if they have a weak cervix during pregnancy. I have heard that some pregnant ladies have to have a stitch in order to keep the baby in the womb. How is this picked up.

Curious

It can be tested for by measuring the length of the cervix with ultrasound.

1
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/01/29

I'm 9weeks pregnant and when I went for my 1st scan the doctor did a internal scan (ondersoek) to see if my cervix was strong enough. If you are having a second child and you've torn with the first one, they normally check then aswell. Luckily mine was fine.

Good Luck

Reply to Marlene