Posted by: snowy | 2004/11/11


If i dont see the symptoms of STIs but i still suspect i might have is there a test you can take to be sure? maybe there is occasionally some discharge but not in the way the haelth worker say it must be and sometimes you do get sores in private places. what test can you take?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

A STI profile batch of tests usually consists of: HIV antibodies, Herpes 1 & 2, Syphillis, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Hep A & B, and cost about R1,500-00. A rather costly exercise. We usually do what is called Syndromic management and look at the symptoms that the patient describes and treat accordingly.

I usally recommend to have Syphillis, Chlamydia and HIV, as those 3 are "Silent" with hardly any symptoms, as for the rest, they show symptoms and can be treated accordingly.

Call SA Sexual Health Assoc 0860 100 262 for a referral in your area, are c all us at the DISA clinic (011) 787 - 1222

dr Elna McIntosh

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: lolita | 2004/11/11

Hey snowy,

Go down to your nearest clinic, they will do the tests and if need be the councelling and meds.

Reply to lolita

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.