Posted by: suzie | 2008/06/26

stinking urine

my urine stinks, real bad, i dont know why this is because i drink a lot of water everyday....any ideas??? is it a possible that it could be a kidney or bladder infection of some sort or maybe something less serious???

Dear Suzie
It could be a bladder infection - rather have it tested!

Posted by: anxious | 2008/06/27

Where do you get that from - I have monthly MC&S urine tests and when I am sick sometimes in between and they certainly dont cost R700! The urine test only costs no more than R200.

I have chronic kidney problems and know all about urine tests and know for a fact that they certainly dont cost what you said! I had one of these exact tests a week ago and it was, in fact, less than R200.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: THELLIE | 2008/06/27

just remember that that test they are talking cost you about R700.00 rand

Reply to THELLIE
Posted by: anxious | 2008/06/26

yes you could have a bladder or kidney infection, more likely a bladder infection - go to your gp and hand in a urine MC&S. An MC&S test is far more accurate because the sample is sent to the lab where they culture the sample for bacteria and if they get a positive result they can then do to tests to see wich antibiotic is sensitive/resistant to your type of infection if the results are positive. You can get the right antibiotic treatment.

Reply to anxious