Question
Posted by: AK47 | 2004/02/16

STINK......

When my g/f and I r having sex , why oh why is there such a really "vrot" smell cumin from her vagina ???? she knows about it and have told me about the smell but i dont know how to handle the full scenario ... pls help

Every woman's vaginal aroma, fluids, and taste are unique; they can even change throughout her monthly cycle. Women need to be familiar with their own scent to be able to detect any differences that may be a cause for concern. As a woman's partner becomes more familiar with her body, s/he also might be able to detect these changes. However, since you recently started dating this woman, and are unsure if the "musty" smell is her "usual" scent, planning a sensuous bath was a good way to handle the situation initially without offending her.

Because the scent lingered after the bath, but not as strongly, it's possible that this is this woman's natural aroma. It is also possible that something is causing the "musty" smell. Some women who have a strong, sour or fishy odor emitting from their vagina may have an infection. Infections can be caused by several factors, including vaginal bacterial overgrowth, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), or from wearing tight or damp clothing, particularly those made of synthetic material (e.g., nylon pantyhose) that does not allow the area around the vulva to breathe. Others may have an odor as a result of certain foods in their eating plan or from excessive sweating. The odor may also be from her anus, rather than her vagina.

There is no easy way to approach the situation, but it may be better to broach the topic during a casual conversation rather than while you are sexually intimate. One way to approach the issue is by sensitively saying something like, "I want to mention something that is hard to talk about. I really like you, and I enjoy getting to know your body and giving you pleasure. I know that every woman has their own scent, and since I'm becoming more familiar with your body, I'm wondering if this is your usual smell. I've noticed that it's strong and I'm having trouble getting used to it." Depending on her response, you can ask her if she has noticed a change. If so, suggest that she might want to visit a health care provider to be sure that everything is okay. Once you have talked about it, and depending upon her reaction, you might want to share some of the related Q&As listed below with her. You can also approach the situation indirectly by saying something like, "Since we are sexual with one another, I think it would be a good idea to get tested for STIs. What do you think?" If you raise this issue, however, be willing to get tested. The reason why this approach may be helpful is that some tests for bacterial STIs are detected through a culture specimen of the cervix. It is likely that if there is any type of bacterial infection, it will be detected.

If your woman's "musty" smell is her signature scent, you may get used to her unique smell and taste with time or opportunity. You may begin to associate her smell with her pleasure (and yours). People also can tolerate odors better when they themselves are aroused. Plus, keeping some of your saliva in your mouth and breathing through your mouth will both reduce your sense of smell. You can also try using scented lubricant to mask the "mustiness."

Please make sure you smell good as well.

In some relationships, there are deal breakers, and if this matter proves to be one for you, you may choose to no longer orally pleasure her, or to move on.

4
Posted by: TT | 2004/02/17

Once again this forum puts a smile om my face. I am glad to normal!!! :-).

Reply to TT
Posted by: Stinkypoo | 2004/02/17

Women need to look after their hygiene as much as men. IF your gf come shome from a jog and expects you to go down on her forget it. She must shower. Most women are good about this, but all girls do smell and taste different. I find vegetarian girls rather pleasant smelling and tasting. It also varies throughout her cycle. Mostly any funkiness can be easily cleared with a bath.

Reply to Stinkypoo
Posted by: tyran | 2004/02/16

no such thing as a smelly fanny......i muff my lady after she has come home from work & I find her aroma a BIG turn on.......

Reply to tyran
Posted by: vis | 2004/02/16

maybe you must drop a hint like......passing her a tube of soap & some hot water.......

Reply to vis