Posted by: Rosslyn | 2009/04/29

Sting like pain in ear

Hi doc
my boyfriend has been complaining of a sting on his ear at the tip of his ear at the top, right ear.This started on Sunday &  he said it doesn' t pain if its touched it just out of the blue has a pulling sting effect &  it then goes away. We all said it might just be something to do with a nerve but we not doctors to judge. This morning he said its happening more often &  its now paining at the back of his head when his ear starts. His 24, is it anything to be worried about?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Rosslyn
He may have neck muscle spasm causing referred pain to his ear and skull. See if massaging his neck, putting moderate heat on (warm hotwater bottle) and taking an anti-inflammatory like Mypaid will help (if he is not allergic to any ingredients). If this doesn't help his doctor should rather have a look.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.