Stilpane addiction

Hi There
I was prescribed a drug called stilpane and for the past year cant seem to do without it. I would say that I am an addict and would like to know methods of recovery.

Dear Anon
It is the muscle relaxant ( meprobamate) that is usually the culprit as well as the codeiene. Try gradually to reduce the dose by 1/4 of a tablet every 3-4 days. ( ie if you take 2 three times per day, you now take 1 3/4 three times a day , then you take 1 1/2 three times a day and so on) It may take a few weeks before you can do without it. GO SLOW! Please ask your doctor to assist you by prescribing non addictive medication if you still have chronic pain to take the place of the Stilpaine gradually. If you battle to get off it by yourself, you may need to book into a rehab centre.