Question
Posted by: chessy | 2004/11/16

stillborn

hi ladies

i wonder if u can advise me i want to know what went wrong when u give birth to a stillborn baby i am worried cause in my family there were like 3occacions were it took place the last was 2002 my aunt had a stillborn is it possible that it might happen to me my pregnancy was very healty though i did not have any morningsickness no cravings and my weight is like 1kilo per month during the past 8months of my pregnancy i gained 7 kilos it is my last few 4 weeks now i am just afraid cause everything was so perfect that something might just happen although i pray every nigth.

There are many causes of stillbirths. These include genetic abnormalities, diabetes, lack of oxygen in labour and many more. Unless there is something heriditary, you should not be at greater risk for stillbirths if everything has gone normally thus far.

2
Posted by: chessy | 2004/11/22

thanx very much i am feeling much better now i saw my gynae on thursday and everthing is 100% he is giving me a c-section on the 13th of december one week before my due date ifit as normal i really appreciate your response it means a lot have a wonderfull week i am on lave until the 1december to get married so talk to ur ladies when return

bye all the preggie fairies

Reply to chessy
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/17

I hope your doctor knows that it "runs" in the family so that your doctor take extra care of you.

I know that you should be very nervous at the moment and i would be too. If I am you, I would speak to my doctor and rather go for a c-section at 38 weeks to make sure that all is well. If you don't want a c-section and you have to wait for labour I think your nerves are going to "kill" you and I have heard more stilborn babies are with normal birth than with c-section.

Please speak to your doctor regarding your problem and maybe she can see you more often the last few weeks and also help

Reply to Francis