Question
Posted by: Marilize | 2004/10/29

Still painful periods after laparoscopy

Hi Doc,

I recently had my 2nd laparoscopy to have my endo removed. I also was on Zoladex before the 2nd laparoscopy. My doc said that he removed everything (I have stage 4 endo). My period started about 2 days ago but I stil have very painfull period pains aswell as very heavy periods, is this due to the laparoscopy that i recently had or the Zoladex working out. I'm just so frustrated i thought that the pain etc will be over now. We are also trying to fall pregnant and the doc recomended that the best time to try is after the laparoscopy the following 6 months. Am i still going to have the pain every month? I just cant take it any more!!

Please Help!!

Marilize

The pain may be from stopping the Zoladex. Unfortunately relief is not usually immediate. It can take a few months for the pain to subside.

3
Posted by: Nix | 2004/10/29

Hi Marilize,

Good to hear from you again - been thinking a lot about you too. So sorry to hear you're having heavy, painful periods after your 2nd lap. Maybe you should phone your gynae and chat to him.

Good news that you can try for the next 6 months. After a lap is always the best time to try concieve. Make sure you know when you're ovulating so you get your timing right too. I really hope and pray that it happens for you naturally in the next six months.

I am feeling a bit better today. I was very teary yesterday - even though I knew my period was coming (I was spotting already), just seeing the negative test brought on tears and such disappointment. I was so positive and really thought it would work. We will try again in 2 weeks and then its the 2 week wait again. I am trying to be heathy and exercise so I am at my physical peak. Not sure that will help, but I'm willing to try anything. If the 2nd attempt doesn't work, I may have to have a lap too - to check if I have endo.

I am really thinking of you and praying that all goes well in the next few months. Hang in there, our babies are coming.

Lots of love
Nix
x

Reply to Nix
Posted by: R | 2004/10/29

Hi Marilize

I was waiting for a posting from you. I had lost your email address. I am sorry to hear that you still suffering with pain and heavy periods. I had my laparotomy done on the 27 September and got my period on the 25 October. It was the worst period I have had with lots pain and clotting. Even after my laps, the periods were still heavy and painful. I did get good news after my op. Drop me a mail and we can chat more.

Reply to R
Posted by: Marilize | 2004/10/29

Sorry forgot to mention, got very heavy periods aswell!!!!

Reply to Marilize