Posted by: Hurt | 2013/02/04

Still not coping

All I wanted the whole weekend was to sleep and never wake up. I didn''t want to talk to anyone, didn''t want to go out because if I do everything reminds me of him. I can''t even look at my phone without thinking of him. I keep thinking that he might call or send an sms but he will never do that. I miss him so much it hurts a lot. Now I''m not even coping here at work because the first thing I used to do is to call him after receiving his sms now that he''s gone forever all I want is to follow him because this pain is so unbearable. I wanna cry a lot and being at home or here at work is just not helping. Tried to get counselling but still I came back worse, the tablets given by the doctor are not helping except for making sleep hours after I took them and during the day.

Is it possible to just go to the hospital and ask to be admitted because I''m reallyscared of myself now?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Why are you still insisting on giving such enormous power to this unworthy guy ? What you are describing is a situation in which, with no respect whatever for your own autonomy, you have given him total dictatorial power over you, and you are insisting on thinking of him with evry excuse you can find. This is not required or unavoidable. No tablets from any doctor can change this, especiall as it doesnt sound at all as though you want this to change. Counselling is what is needed.
Yes, you should be able to seek hospital admission, if you feel that desperate, either through your medical aid, or through a government / provincial hospital casualty.
Lixa makes excellent sense, as usual, though the laws regarding compulsory admission, or voluntary committment apply to all hospitals - maybe some government hospitals insist on invoking it in all such emergency admission, which they don't strictly HAVE to do, but the laws apply everywhere, and should help to protect people in a vulnerable state.
You WILL, if you allow it to happen, be able to get through this crisis and to find greater and more secure happiness on the other side. Just at present, what you're describing sopunds like a dug addict when they cant get their supply of heoin. This sense of desperation will pass, and you can recover your personal security and autonomy, and learn never to give it away again. You can love without becoming this much at risk if it doesn't work out.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Hurt | 2013/02/04

Thank you but I''m not sure the doc understands the situation but its fine. I can never call my late boyfriend an unworthy guy because he has passed on. I can never lie and say I do not miss him after just three week he left. Thanks anyway I will try my best to deal with the situation the way I can

Reply to Hurt
Posted by: Phil | 2013/02/04

Hurt  you know what. What has happened is not easy  so you are hurting more then you know how to cope with. That''s normal  get all the help you need. It will never go away  but as time goes by you will except what has happned. And you will learn to deal with it a better. Good luck in this horrible journey to healing..

Reply to Phil
Posted by: Liza | 2013/02/04

The answer is Yes. If you have a medical aid, any private psychiatric clinic will help you if you tell them that you''re suicidal and will help find a psychiatrist to treat you while you''re in hospital. They also offer life skills programs to help you cope with life after you''re discharged.

If you don''t have medical aid, you''ll need to go to your closest government hospital (it would be best if you have a family member or friend accompany you) and tell them that you''re a danger to yourself and thinking of committing suicide. Generally you''ll have to sign a form that binds you to at least 72 hours of observation and that acknowledges that you cannot make your own decisions right now. Luckily this happens only at government hospitals and not at private psychiatric clinics.

Good Luck - life can get better

Reply to Liza

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.