Question
Posted by: Crusty | 2004/11/01

Still bleeding after miscarraige

Dear Doc
I have miscarried 4 times and only 27 years old. I have recently just miscarried again and still bleeding 1 week later. The Doc says this is stress related but I still wonder? I have been negative for any ovarian issues/cysts. What could it be? I really want to conceive please HELP!

Stress would not cause recurrent miscarriages. Possible causes are thyroid problems, diabetes, antiphospholipid syndrome, cervical incompetence (if after 12 weeks). You should be investigated for these. Slight bleeding is normal a week after a miscarriage. Heavy bleeding or a smelly discharge or pain will need you to see your doctor.

2
Posted by: Joyce | 2004/11/01

It is definitely NOT normal at all for the bleeding to continue for so long. You need to have a D&C asap. Please see your gynaecologist within the next 24 hours.

Reply to Joyce
Posted by: Poplap | 2004/11/01

I think it is normal to bleed after your miscarriage - I did for six weeks after my miscarriage.

Reply to Poplap