Question
Posted by: cindy | 2007/06/03

still bleeding after 8 weeks

Dear Doc
I am still bleeding after giving birth 8 weeks ago. I went to gyn and he first predcribed provera that didnt stop bleeding then went back after 2weeks and he than prescribed primolut. today was the last day but still theres blood. If there is a chance there a piece of the placenta left. Whats the procedure to correct this would it entails i go back to theater and if so would ibe monitored for a while or is it a in out of hospital procedure? i wonder if the sterilisation plays a part in my bleeding?

Retained placental remnants can be checked for on scan. If this is the case, the procedure would be a womb scrape in theatre. The sterilisation should not be causing the bleeding.