Posted by: Keneilwe | 2009/01/07

Stiff painful legs during period


I really need advice, my 19 year old sister has a problem which is re-occuring for the second time. During her period, she has always suffered from hectic period pain, she has tried everything, Mybulin and Neorofen period pains being the latest pain killers which do not work.

Its become worse now, she feels her legs getting stiff, numb and very painful to the point that she can no longer move. Its worrying because she lives far from me, at University, is there anything we can do?

Please advise me on the kind of specialist she needs to see and what kind of tests they need to run on her so I can have better background before we take her to the hospital

THANKS a million!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

If the pains are there on the first day and then get better, they are probably normal period pains.\ These can be quite severe. Ponstan often helps, especially if it is started just before the period starts. If she wants to see someone, she should see a gynaecologist. A history and examination will be the initial step.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anon | 2009/01/07

SHe needs to see a gynae.

Reply to Anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.