Question
Posted by: Carol | 2008/02/01

Stiff neck

I have had problems with a stiff neck and sore shoulders for the last four months. Have been taking medication for inflammation as well as a muscle relaxant, but have not noticed much of a difference. I am by nature a very tense person, clenching on my teeth unknowingly. I went to a chiropracter many years ago with a similar problem, but was told he could not help me as I was too tense. Apparently you need to relax before he can work on you. Is this still true? My neck is extremely sensitive and painful and my left arm has started to go numb on some occasions, even right up to my fingers.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Hi Carol
Please do visit a chiropractor - sounds like a Torticollis - but modern chiropractic techniques can do much to alleviate your problem

2
Posted by: CHIRODOC | 2008/02/27

It could be torticollis - but a good chiropractor should be able to give you considerable relief.

Reply to CHIRODOC
Posted by: Jan | 2008/02/25

Sounds as if this could be "acute torticollis" - google this and find out more !
I have it and it is no fun !

Reply to Jan