Question
Posted by: NOREEN | 2003/02/04

sticky platelets

I HAD A STROKE (TIA) IN JULY AND AFTER MANY BLOOD TEST AND OTHER XRAYS AND SCANS I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH STICKY PLATELETS.
I HAVE BEEN TOLD TO TAKE HALF A DISPRIN A DAY TO KEEP THE BLOOD THIN.
IS THERE ANY SPECIAL DIET OR FOOD WHICH IS BENEFICIAL. AFTER ALL THE TESTS IT SEEMS LIKE IT IS NOTHING VERY SPECIAL. HOW CAN I PREVENT HAVING FURTHER STOKES.
I AM 64 YEARS OLD.

Noreen, I suppose the best would be to follow a diet low in fat and salt, and to try and exercise (walk) regularly. DietDoc is the real expert when it comes to these things, so maybe you should give her a call. Good luck.