Question
Posted by: LAM | 2004/09/20

Sticking to Budget?

I am very good at budgeting and forecast ahead till the end of the year. Although our salaries isn't enough to pay everything. I prioritise and cut out or cut down where neccessary.

The problem is sticking to the budget.

Maybe I make it too complicated?

I work out the budget in Excel and that is where it stays, yes I have an idea more or less what there is to spend on things but then I don't reaccess and adjust as the month goes on when the cell phone accounts are higher than what I budgeted for, or when we spend money on eating out etc.

At the moment there is a bit of extra money in the cheque account - meant for other things, that I know is getting less and less the more we spend out of our budget and once that money is finished I know it's just going to mean our overdraft facility is going to get more and more each month.

what can I do to stick to only spending our salaries?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear LAM

We all struggle to stick to one's budget. My only advice is DISCIPLINE!!