Question
Posted by: Carol | 2007/08/08

Stickability

Hi CS ... wassup .. apart from the fool who left the ice box open :)

CS im beginning to realise I have some sort of problem .... although life out here on the farm is great and im happy , I am frustrated because of the remoteness ... Im not keen on going back to work and I dont have to .

But it bugs me that im depriving myself of a good income because I cant seem to get my many ideas of making some money into action.

And its not as if I procrastinate generally , im busy , active and have never had a problem before in tackling life and its many issues head on ...

There are several things I can do out here to keep my hyperactive brain busy , but everytime I get to the point where I need to put "ideas" into action i cant seem to ..... and I cant understand why ....

I can get involved with lifeskills training I have already consulted the "locals" , I can do books from home I have a good reputation as a "fixer" , dog traing classes, the list goes on ......what on earth is stopping me ?????

I cant spend the rest of my life being OCD about a clean house and playing pc games.....

On a side note hubs that was so "lackadaisical" about life ???? ha he has changed completly .. never thought I would see it in my lifetime , but he has become a force to be reckoned with out here :) Funny how people can change . I dont think you thought change was possible either :)

Hi Carol, thanks for the update. Interesting, isn't it, how the "have to" about work is actually functional ? YOu are a productive and inherently busy person, but maybe in a situation in which it is harder to be productive in the ways you are used to being. Maybe at present the main obstacle is being a bit disorganized --- the image that comes to me is the old AA Milne poem about the sailor washed up on a desert island who lay on the beach making plans. And for everything he thought of as essential to do, there seemed to be something else that would have to be done first --- but before that, yet something else. And he was found on the beach, months later, still planning his first move.
So one needs to list the leading possibilities for your activities, and see if there is any logical ground for selecting 1, 2, or 3 as priorities. If there's no good basis for selecting these, then presumably even a random selection would do as well. Then one gets started, rather than having one's wheels spining in the sand forever.
Congratulations to hubs for surprising everyone ( maybe himself as well ) for becoming so effective. Maybe in some way his relative independence here has enabled him to regain initiatinve and drive ?