Question
Posted by: Lizzy | 2005/01/10

Steroid Usage

My boyfriend has confided in me that he is using steroids. Only after i noticed that he goes into a mood for about 2 days, and he is short tempered. I think i might have overreacted, cause now he doesnt want to talk about it. I would like to know how long does a person use steroids, how often?, have so many questions I dont know where to start! How many times a year? Is it a drug? Will it lead to drugs? What are the side effects? Will he become the same person he was once he stops using it?How can i convince him to stop, since he doesnt want to talk to me about it, and how much does this cost

Anyone who takes steroids ( except when they are legally prescribed by a proper doctor for a proper reason ) is an idiot. They screw up your sexuality, your mood, your bones, and much else besides. How did you over-react to finding that he is insisting on damaging himself because he's so vain he wants bigger muscles the easy way, without working to earn them ? There are various steroids, all potentially dangerous drugs. He can recover if he stops, but it's his task to recognize that he needs to, not your task to convince him. If he needs convincing, then he's an even greater idiot. Medical help to come off and say off is always much cheaper than the cost of continuing to take the junk.

2
Posted by: Lizzy | 2005/01/10

Thank you, so I did not overreact, I feel helpless as he doesnt want to talk about it. I feel absoluetly helpless, as I love this man to bits and he is a wonderful person and I have told him this, but when he is using it I cant cope with him. I'm the only person who knows,and that is even killing me more.I cant just pack up and leave this man as he means the world to me.

Reply to Lizzy
Posted by: Dude | 2005/01/10

ey!

steriod usage varies, sometimes its a 3 week coarse, 3 months... sometimes guys live on the stuff...

thing is it can give u big muscles but can also make ur pee pee small and infertile... not to mention the abnormal growth of bone structures and deformalities...

and then theres those mood swings... one of my mates at school had a bit of booze and lost it, broke a bottle and cut himself up in a rage fury!

guys that take steroids r loosers... sorry babe... I would go 4 someone a little less hormonal ;)

it's not up 2 u 2 convince anyone 2 stop but rather them who makes that choice... hate 2 say it but if u there it might b a good idea to cut foot loose ...

cheers
Dude

Reply to Dude